How to Grow Ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow' Plants in your Garden
Gardener's HQ Guide to Growing Bugle burgundy glow
Ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow' photograph by Cob Lands.
Ajuga reptans Burgundy Glow Growing and Care Guide
- Scientific Name: Ajuga reptans Burgundy Glow
- Common Name: Bugle burgundy glow
- Growing Zone: USA: 3 to 9
- Life Cycle / Plant Type: Herbaceous, Perennial
- Plant Height (Inches): 3 to 6
- Plant Spread (Inches): 24 to 36
- Time of Bloom: Mid spring to Mid summer
- Flower Details: Blue
- Leaf Foliage: Green, Purple, Silvery, Variegated
- Growth Form: Prostrate, Spreading or horizontal
Ideal Growing Conditions
- Best Light Conditions: shade to partial shade partial sun
- Rate of Growth: Average pace
- Suitable Soil Types: Adaptable, Clay, Loamy, Sandy, Well drained
- Soil Moisture: Moist
- Level of Maintenance: Low
- Propagation: Division, separating rooted stems
- How to Prune: Not usually required
- Pests: Usually pest free
- Diseases: Subject topowdery mildews
- Can Attract:
- Tolerant of: Rabbit, Deer, Black Walnut
- Best Garden Use: Border, Container, Ground cover, En masse , Rock garden, Woodland garden
- Family: Lamiaceae.
- Closely Related Species: Basil, Deadnettle, Lavender, Mint, Perilla, Sage, Thyme.
- Miscellaneous: Attractive foliage, Naturalizing
- Genus Detail: Ajuga
- Further Reading and References: Here and Here
I hope that you enjoyed this guide on how to grow Ajuga reptans Burgundy Glow. You may also enjoy the following Gardener's HQ growing guides: How to grow Salvia officinalis and Perovskia plants.