How to Grow Albizia saman Plants in your Garden
Gardener's HQ Guide to Growing Rain Tree
Samanea (Albizia) saman photograph by Forest and Kim Starr.
Albizia saman Growing and Care Guide
- Scientific Name: Albizia saman
- Common Name: Rain tree
- Growing Zone: USA: 10 to 11
- Life Cycle / Plant Type: Tree
- Plant Height (Inches): 480 to 600
- Plant Spread (Inches): 720 to 1200
- Time of Bloom: Spring
- Flower Details: White below, pink above
- Leaf Foliage: Green
- Growth Form: Rounded, Spreading or horizontal
Ideal Growing Conditions
- Best Light Conditions: Partially shady to full sunlight
- Rate of Growth: Quick
- Suitable Soil Types: Acidic, Clay, Loamy, Neutral, Sandy, Slightly alkaline, Well drained
- Soil Moisture: Moist
- Level of Maintenance: Medium
- Propagation: Seed
- How to Prune:
- Can Attract:
- Tolerant of: Light shade
- Best Garden Use: Specimen, Tree
- Family: Fabaceae.
- Closely Related Species: Beans, peas, and other legumes.
- Miscellaneous: Pest tolerant, Non-native to North America, Attractive flowers / blooms
- Genus Detail: Albizia
- Further Reading and References: Here and Here
I hope that you enjoyed this guide on how to grow Albizia saman. You may also enjoy the following Gardener's HQ growing guides: How to grow Parochetus and Lathyrus plants.