Gardener's HQ Weigela florida Alexandra Growing Guide
How to Grow Weigela florida 'Alexandra' in your Garden
Weigela florida 'Alexandra' WINE AND ROSES photograph by F. D. Richards.
Weigela florida Alexandra Growing and Care Guide
- Scientific Name: Weigela florida Alexandra
- Common Name: Weigela florida 'Alexandra'
- Growing Zone: USA: 4 to 08
- Life Cycle / Plant Type: Shrub
- Plant Height (Inches): 48 to 60
- Plant Spread (Inches): 48 to 60
- Time of Bloom: Late spring through early summer
- Flower Details: Pink
- Leaf Foliage: Purple
- Growth Form: Spreading or horizontal, Upright / erect
Ideal Growing Conditions
- Best Light Conditions: Full sunlight
- Rate of Growth: Medium paced
- Suitable Soil Types: Adaptable, Clay, Loamy, Sandy, Well drained
- Soil Moisture: Moist
- Level of Maintenance: Low
- How to Prune:
- Can Attract: Hummingbirds
- Tolerant of: Clay Soil
- Best Garden Use: Border, Foundation Plant, Areas requiring pest toleranance, En masse, Specimen
- Family: Caprifoliaceae
- Closely Related Species: Honeysuckle.
- Miscellaneous: Entices birdlife to the garden, Blooms are very showy
- Genus Detail: Weigela
- Further Reading and References: Here and Here
I hope that you enjoyed this guide on how to grow Weigela florida 'Alexandra'. You may also enjoy the following guides on growing the Variegata version of this species.