How to Grow X Cupressocyparis leylandii Plants in your Garden
Gardener's HQ Guide to Growing Leyland cypress 'Castlewellan'
X Cupressocyparis Leylandii photograph by Cob Lands.
X Cupressocyparis leylandii Growing and Care Guide
- Scientific Name: X Cupressocyparis leylandii (Cupressus × leylandii)
- Common Name: Leyland cypress 'Castlewellan'
- Growing Zone: USA: 6 to 10
- Life Cycle / Plant Type: Tree
- Plant Height (Inches): 300 to 600
- Plant Spread (Inches): 179 to 300
- Time of Bloom:
- Flower Details:
- Leaf Foliage: Blue, Green
- Growth Form: Columnar, Oval, Pyramidal
Ideal Growing Conditions
- Best Light Conditions: Partially shady to full sunlight
- Rate of Growth: Quick
- Suitable Soil Types: Acidic, Alkaline, Clay, Loamy, Neutral, Sandy, Slightly alkaline, Well drained
- Soil Moisture:
- Level of Maintenance: Medium
- Propagation: Propagate from semi-hardwood cuttings
- How to Prune: Not needed, but can be trimmed and shaped
- Pests: Conifer aphids, scale insects
- Diseases: Canker
- Can Attract:
- Tolerant of:
- Best Garden Use: Border, Christmas tree, Hedge, Screen, Seashore, Specimen
- Family: Cupressaceae
- Closely Related Species: Cypress.
- Miscellaneous: Is not a native plant of N. America, Does not bloom
- Genus Detail: Cupressus and leylandii
- Further Reading and References: Here and Here
I hope that you enjoyed this guide on how to grow X Cupressocyparis leylandii. You may also enjoy the following growing guides: How to grow Cypress Vine and Kochia.