How to Grow Yucca filamentosa 'Bright Edge' Plants in your Garden
Gardener's HQ Guide to Growing Needle Palm
Yucca filamentosa - Bright Edge growing in California photograph by brewbooks.
Yucca filamentosa Bright Edge Growing and Care Guide
- Scientific Name: Yucca filamentosa Bright Edge
- Common Name: Needle palm 'Bright Edge'
- Growing Zone: USA: 4 to 10
- Life Cycle / Plant Type: Perennial, Succulents and Cacti
- Plant Height (Inches): 24 to 36
- Plant Spread (Inches): 36 to 72
- Time of Bloom: Mid to late summer
- Flower Details: White
- Leaf Foliage: Green, Variegated, Yellow
- Growth Form: Rounded
Ideal Growing Conditions
- Best Light Conditions: Full sunlight
- Rate of Growth: Grows slowly
- Suitable Soil Types: Acidic, Alkaline, Clay, Loamy, Neutral, Sandy, Well drained
- Soil Moisture: Dry to Moist (Medium Moisture best)
- Level of Maintenance: Low
- Propagation: Bud cuttings(treat as softwood cuttings) or stem cuttings (treat as hardwood cuttings) or Root cuttings or Division of clumps
- How to Prune: Pruning not usually required
- Pests: aphids and snails
- Diseases: Leaf spot
- Can Attract:
- Tolerant of: Drought
- Best Garden Use: Border, Container Garden, In the control of erosion, Foundation Plant, Ground cover, En masse, Rock garden, Seashore, Specimen
- Family: Asparagaceae
- Closely Related Species: Asparagus family.
- Miscellaneous: Entices birdlife to the garden, Attractive foliage, North American native, Attracts butterflies, Attractive flowers / blooms
- Genus Detail: Yucca Plant
- Further Reading and References: RHS Yucca Bright Edge and Gulf Coast Research: Yucca filamentosa Bright Edge
I hope that you enjoyed this guide on Yucca filamentosa Bright Edge. You may also enjoy the following growing guides on the Color Guard variety and on Yucca elephantipes.