How to Grow Ajania pacifica Plants in your Garden
Gardener's HQ Guide to Growing Gold and Silver Chrysanthemum
Ajania pacifica (Pacific chrysanthemum)in flower at Pali o Waipio, Maui, Hawaii photograph by Forest and Kim Starr.
Ajania pacifica Growing and Care Guide
- Scientific Name: Ajania pacifica
- Common Name: Gold and silver chrysanthemum
- Growing Zone: USA: 5 to 9
- Life Cycle / Plant Type: Perennial
- Plant Height (Inches): 12 to 18
- Plant Spread (Inches): 14 to 16
- Time of Bloom: Late summer to Mid fall
- Flower Details: Yellow
- Leaf Foliage: Green, Silvery
- Growth Form: Spreading / horizontal
Ideal Growing Conditions
- Best Light Conditions: partial shade, partial sun to full sun
- Rate of Growth: Average
- Suitable Soil Types: Loamy, Neutral, Well drained
- Soil Moisture: Moist
- Level of Maintenance: Medium
- How to Prune: Pinch back stems
- Pests: Usually pest free
- Diseases: Usually pest free
- Can Attract:
- Tolerant of:
- Best Garden Use: Alpine garden, Border, Ground cover, En masse , Rock garden, Specimen
- Family: Asteraceae (Compositae).
- Closely Related Species: Achillea, Aster, Callistephus, Cosmea, Helianthus, Leontopodium, Liatris, Sanvitalia, Stokesia, Townsendia, and Zinnia.
- Miscellaneous: Attractive foliage
- Genus Detail: Ajania
- Further Reading and References: Here and Here
I hope that you enjoyed this guide on how to grow Ajania pacifica. You may also enjoy the following Gardener's HQ growing guides: How to grow Townsendia and Lonas plants.